Our History

Christian Education - An Exciting Top Priority!

Christian education for His children has been a top priority for the broader New Era Christian community for the past 73 years!   And the excitement of experiencing God’s blessings while educating His children continues to grow each day at New Era Christian School.

The New Era Christian School Society was organized July 15, 1948 when a board of six men were chosen to pursue the cause of Christian education.

​In 1949 the Society purchased a bus to transfer high school aged students to Western Michigan Christian High School in Muskegon.

In 1952 the Society conducted a financial drive, raising the funds needed to construct a two-room school building on Oak Street in New Era.

In the spring of 1953, Board President Maynard Sytsma dug the first spadesful of dirt for the pouring of the foundations.

In September 1953, two teachers, Mr. Paul Mulder and Mrs. Peter Vanderwall, welcomed thirty-seven students, grades K-8, to New Era Christian School.  Christian education for His children had begun in New Era!

Since 1953 New Era Christian School has built three major additions and added a preschool program.  Today New Era provides Christian education for students Pre-school through grade 8 in a facility with eight modern classrooms, a library, and a gymnasium-auditorium.

Since 1953 almost a thousand students have graduated from New Era Christian School.  They represent two dozen area churches and the communities of New Era, Montague, Whitehall, Rothbury, Shelby, and Hart.

To God be the glory for the great things He has been blessing and performing through New Era Christian School.

Convictions

Our school teaches The Truths of Scripture to our students which is summarized in the contemporary testimony called, “Our World Belongs To God.”

Calendar INFO
The latest school scheduled events.
SEE ALL
Latest Posts
Contact
New Era Christian School
  • 1901 Oak Ave New Era, MI 49446
  • (231) 861-5450
  • newerachristian@charter.net